P&C Members must look out for fraud
Members of the Association must constantly be on the lookout for fraud
Indicators as set out in the manual include some of the following:
- Financial reports not being consistently presented for meetings
- Activities of the P&C making a loss or decreasing profits
- Late payments of expenses or late banking of funds
- Lack of segregation of duties
Should a member of the P&C suspect fraud is happening, they must not investigate it themselves, but must report it to the Principal.
Know what the Accounting Manual procedures are and your efforts will continue to benefit your school.
Once again, thank you for contributing to your school.
- How school P&Cs can combat fraud
- Importance Of The Bank Reconciliation
- Tips for a smooth P&C Audit – Part 1 and Part 2